|Birthday||Unknown (June 23 in public)|
|Age||300+ (fabricated as 21 in Japan)|
|Hair Color||Greenish Black|
Black Goat Clan
|Occupation||Demon Lord (formerly)
Assistant Shift Manager at MgRonald’s (formerly)
Shift Manager at MgRonald’s
|Relatives||Alas=Ramus (Adopted Daughter)
|Anime Debut||Episode 1|
|Novel Debut||Volume 1|
|Manga Debut||Volume 1|
|Seiyū||Ryōta Ōsaka (Japanese)
Josh Grelle (English)
Sadao Maou ( 真奥 貞夫 Maō Sadao ? ) / Satan Jacob ( サタンジャコブ Satan Jakobu ) is the main supporter of the series. He was once the Devil King who declared war on Ente Isla in an attack to annex the four continents. however, due to the actions of the Hero Emilia Justina and her companions, he was forced to retreat to Earth, causing him to lose about all of his powers .
Satan is a android monster that stands over three meters tall, possessing a average complexion, sharp bolshevik eyes, and slenderly messy total darkness hair with a mildly unkempt peaky appearance. His body is well-built with a brawny torso, thick neck, and toned arms and leg. Though his default form is humanoid in appearance, he possesses respective features that are decidedly more demonic, including sharp-clawed hands, a pair of yellow ridged horns that curve outwards from beneath his hair along the sides of his mind, and big furred goat-like legs ending in compact hooves. Satan besides possesses two boastfully bat-like wings that span respective times the length of his soundbox when unfurl, though he does not require them to fly, and normally keeps them hidden inside his body. His outfit as the rule of demons consists of a colored crown with a aureate clean-cut around the seam, the bottom partially opened to reveal his waist. He wears short-change black pants which are the lapp color as his top, the erstwhile of which are tucked into a pair of big colored boots that cover his animal-like calves and feet. Over his invest he wears a high-collared cape in the same colors as his jacket, fastened at the front with a slender golden chain, and held in place by boastfully shoulder-pads bearing a small resemblance to his horns. As a human, Maou has the appearance of an average japanese unseasoned man. His facial features and haircloth are largely unaltered from his original demonic shape, though he appears younger and his boldness more expressive than ahead. The most detectable difference aside from losing his horns, hoofed legs, wings, and claws, is the drastic reduction in stature between his human and devil forms. As Sadao Maou, the Devil King is roughly the stature of the average human, being perceptibly shorter than ahead with a smaller build that lacks the muscular structure and imposing size of his former body. While living in Japan, he normally wears childlike clothe purchased from UniClo, a store specializing in low-budget, used clothing, his typical dress being a simple jersey and jeans. While working at MgRonald ‘s, Maou dresses in the franchise ‘s uniform consist of a short-sleeved red jersey with a button-up collar, a yellow strip running across the mid-torso with the company ‘s logo on the right field breast. besides included is a pair of black pants, a belt, and a coordinated visor hat, besides bearing the MgRonald ‘s logo. When he regains his powers, Maou ‘s body reverts back to its former form, depending on the come of magic he has accumulated. In the manga, when he regained his powers after the promenade collapsed, only his stature remained homo, but his pants were tear due to his transform legs. In the anime, he returns to his full monster form and all his clothes were shredded.
Reading: Sadao Maou
possibly the most intelligent and charismatic of his kind, the Devil King came from humble origins as a penis of a lower-class goblin kin, yet through indefatigable efforts and a drive to better his people, managed to gain accompaniment from others, finally uniting the warring factions of the Demon World under his rule. Satan was long-familiar throughout the lands of Ente Isla as the capital overlord of his people, his name synonymous with panic and cruelty, despite being in truth a ennoble drawing card who sought for less end and casualties angstrom much as possible. His true intentions were misunderstood due to the fact that he ordered his generals to conquer the lands of Ente Isla without explaining the mean of ‘conquer ‘, thus leading for each general to conquer in his own direction leaving barbarous actions and destruction in the Western and Southern Continents, staining his list with bloodshed. While his actions in life were for the amelioration of demonkind, he had to conquer the human civilization to ensure the survival of the devil subspecies. Later it is revealed that during the prison term of his invasion to Ente Isla, he decided rather than heading to battle, to alternatively research human company. He did this to gain information that could help him conquer Ente Isla, but besides because he had a deep curio and esteem for homo society. During this time it is revealed that Satan actually did care for the humans he trampled during his invasion, but was forced to choose between world or the survival of the monster race, after which he ended up choosing the latter. Satan ‘s true motivation was to create a position in which he could force the homo race into producing negative emotions toward demons, thus creating big amounts of demonic energy ( which was starting to run out in the Demon Realm ). He never intended to completely annihilate the human race, but to actually conquer it. He gave each of his generals free will on how to carry the conquest, but established that they must accept human ‘s surrender. ascribable to this, though in some cases the conquest was ghastly and wide of bloodbath ( like in Malacoda ‘s case ), in other cases was relatively moderate, without actually damaging anyone but soldiers who opposed the conquest ( such as in Adramelech and Alciel ‘s casing ). As the bang-up ruler of demons, he was shown to be a proud and unhesitating individual, though his kill at the hands of the Hero Emilia and the sudden loss of his charming abilities on Earth left him with no choice but to abandon that pride and live the life of an ordinary homo .
On Earth, Sadao Maou is shown to be a diligent and proactive employee, alternatively applying his impregnable drive and determination to better himself in his newly life. Forced to spend time support as a human and interacting with those he previously considered to be lesser beings, the Devil King lento began to understand world, and has since developed a kindhearted and cheerful disposal making him democratic among both his colleagues and neighbors. While he does not desire to cause trouble to the populace that has treated him with nothing but kindness, Satan has not entirely lost his desire for might and influence, and rather strives to climb the corporate run at MgRonald ‘s .
His promise is to legally obtain influence and wealth on earth that will allow him to amass new resources with which to return home to Ente Isla. Due to this wish, or in hurt of it, Maou expresses bang-up pride in his job as a fast-food employee, and pompously brags about the many promotions he will hopefully receive in the future, much much to the discouragement of those around him. Maou is most impress with the fundamentals of capitalism, as he sees the market economy on Earth as a model for his new ideal society back home. His stream goal is to observe the system in Japan and establish a more civilize society in the Demon Realm, one where net income and deal can be used as a means to obtain world power without unnecessary bloodshed. notably, he silent possesses a hard drive to rebuild the Devil ‘s Army and has consciously toyed with the theme of finding replacements for asleep generals. Sadao Maou is besides shown to be heedful, mannerly, and empathic towards those around him, and is willing to help others in any way possible if he is able. This fresh disposal clashes heavy with the merciless Devil King the people of Ente Isla thought he was, something that confuses the Hero Emilia when she first encounters him on earth. Despite her having been the campaign of his fall and subsequent depowerment, Maou displays no hostility towards the hero, and even some commiseration upon learning that she had been stranded on Earth alone while chasing him through the Gate. Despite being archenemies back home, he displays great military capability of character despite her hostility towards him, quietly accepting her accusations without protest, and evening showing business for Emi ‘s wellbeing and that of others. naturally, his kindness confuses those who knew him back in Ente Isla. When asked directly about his former actions as the Devil King, Maou besides expresses regret for having done so many atrocious things. He reluctantly apologizes to the Hero, though he ruefully claims not to have understand humans before having been forced to live as one, and has come to acknowledge this awkwardness. While he does not intend to shirk province for the deaths he had caused, Maou rarely discusses it unless directly confronted. While he often appears to be clueless, the former Devil King is shown to be highly intelligent, and is able to analyze each position from a coherent perspective while discerning the best course of action. This is first seen through his roll up of political power in the Demon Realm, finally becoming its ruler, and late during his strategic conquest of Ente Isla. Upon arriving on Earth, he not alone manages to deduce the best manner to survive without charming, but besides uses his news to spot electric potential character assassination plots from Ente Isla, while bettering himself in the workplace environment. Despite his impressive take care, Maou appears to be dense about matters regarding women. He is shown reacting awkwardly and slightly confuse by Chiho ‘s confessions of beloved, although some of his comments make it sound like he does this intentionally for reasons not so far revealed.
In both worlds, Maou looks out for his juniors and subordinates, and believes that any leader must take duty for the actions of those who serve under him, prompting him to cover for Chiho Sasaki when she makes mistakes at make while on duty at MgRonald ‘s. This country of thinker even extends to his interactions with Lucifer, who once hard damaged Shibuya in an attempt to kill the Devil King and the Hero. After putting an end of Lucifer ‘s rampage, Satan chose to use his newly-restored powers to repair the city and even chose to hide Lucifer from the police. In doing therefore he accepted full moon responsibility for the situation even knowing that using up his magic to fix everything would render them ineffective to return to Ente Isla. tied as a human, Maou retains his flare for dramatic speeches and poses .
Though he is not the fabled Satan talk of in the Ente Islan Bible, Satan Jacob was given the appoint at birth, as it has since become an highly coarse diagnose among demons. While he once belonged to a base goblin-class tribe, Satan ‘s class and comrades were slaughtered in a conflict between demons, the enemy having left him behind to die following the slaughter. While lying inactive on the grate awaiting his eventual death, he was found and rescued by a cryptic saint, who chose to care for the child and ensure his survival. The foreign claimed she had never seen a devil clamant before and nursed him back to health, sharing with him many stories and her cognition of world. While he cared little for her tales, the youthful Satan was not well enough to move, and listened quietly while she spoke. Through her stories, he became instill with a desire to unite his own kind the same way that humans had done in the past. His savior was besides the first to call him ‘Devil King Satan ‘, and before sidetrack, she left him with a purple, crescent crystal. The saint told him to plant it if he wanted to know more about the worldly concern, advice that he would finally heed .
An obscure issue of years by and by, Satan became a leader of a Demon Faction and began a great war to annex the rest of the Demon Realm. The contend lasted from 1741 to 1799, finally ending with the complete union of the warring tribe as one kingdom. In 1870, he became the Devil King, ruling over his people alongside his Demon Minister Camio while presiding over the kin leaders within his territories. After completing his quest of uniting the Demon Realm, he realized a huge problem that came with it. The demons in the Demon Realm fed on Demonic Force, which was produced from minus emotions. These negative emotions came from the everlasting conflicts inside the Demon World, which caused the world to be filled with said Demonic Force. Because he turned the Demon World into a peaceful place, he cut the source of demonic energy from his global, thus facing the trouble of starvation for the entire demon race. In order to solve this trouble, Satan attempted to conquer the land of Ente Isla, a territory consist of five continents arranged in the shape of a cross, which sat upon the Ocean of Ignora. The Devil King ‘s desire was to subjugate the humans living there. By doing so he would create a position in which the humans would hold grudges and respective early minus emotions towards the demon race, thus producing enough demonic energy to sustain the Demon World population .
To this end Satan sent his Four Great Demon Generals into battle, each leading a goodly push of the demonic server. Establishing his own domain in the now-destroyed Central Continent, he dispersed the end of the Devil King ‘s Army to the other islands each led by one of the generals with Adramelech heading North, Malacoda to the South, and Alciel towards the East. Knowing him to have come from Heaven, Satan chose Lucifer to attack the western Continent, knowing it to be the set where the Church of Ente Isla was strongest. He believed the Fallen Angel ‘s cognition of Heaven ‘s ways would allow them an easier victory, entirely to learn that a single human had repelled Lucifer ‘s united states army, presumably killing him. therefore Satan became aware of the Hero Emilia, the one who would finally bring about his precipitation.
While he initially believed that the remainder of his forces could defeat the hero, she went on to slay both Adramelech and Malacoda in less than a year. As a master strategist, Alciel suggested they turn the battle into a defensive one, prompting Satan to order his forces to retreat from the Eastern Continent and fortify their stronghold in the central lands, but the outlive humans emerged from hiding and rallied under the Church and Hero, forming an army huge enough to overwhelm and crush the remains of the Devil King ‘s Army. During the result struggle, Satan fought the Hero and her companions alongside his sole remaining general, but they finally proved no match. After losing one of his horns to the Hero ‘s Sacred Sword, the Devil King and Alciel were forced to retreat and heal their wounds, knowing that the war would claim their lives if they chose to continue. Opening a gate in the skies above Devil ‘s Castle, they planned to flee to another world and regain their potency. Before disappearing through the whirlpool, Satan vowed to return one day and conquer Ente Isla once more .
Powers and Abilities
As the Devil King, Satan possessed big demonic ability. Demonic storm is extremely potent, and each drug user seems to have a unique tinge aura to indicate its presence. For him, that color is black or loss. On worldly concern, he lost most of his powers and was weakened to the luff that he could alone function as an average human. Finding charming sources was near impossible as charming is largely lone present in the form of fabrication. however, his powers can be temporarily restored by feeding off negative emotions like fear and despair from sentient beings in his surroundings .
- Transformation: Maou can transform between his human and demon forms at will, provided he has enough magic. When running low, he automatically takes human form. When he regains his powers, Maou undergoes a drastic change in his physical appearance, gaining an extremely robust body, claws, hooves, and horns.
- Hypnosis/Mind Control: He has the power to influence the wills of humans and animals, as well as gather information from their minds.
- Magical Combat: As the Devil King, he was seen projecting powerful energy blasts and defending with shields against his opponents in the final battle for Ente Isla. During his fight with Lucifer, Maou combined dark magic and his augmented physical strength to perform a nuclear-scale finishing punch.
- Telekinesis: Maou has telekinetic powers that allows him to manipulate objects. They are so strong, that they’re capable of lifting an entire road highway and keeping it afloat for an extended period of time.
- Teleportation: Maou is able to teleport with another person in tow, as shown when he used it to help him and Emi flee from Lucifer. The limitations to this ability are unknown.
- Glamour: With enough magical power, Maou is able to change his appearance at will. This is demonstrated during his battle with Sariel, Maou briefly took the form of Chiho to take him by surprise when Sariel thought to use Chiho as a human shield against him.
- Forcefield Generation: Maou created one to protect him, Emi, and Ashiya from Lucifer’s barrage of energy bullets. In his demon form, he has made individual shields for dozens of people to protect them from falling rubble.
- Sleep Spell: Maou cast this on the city’s populace to stop them from witnessing the battle with Lucifer.
- Time Barrier: Maou can generate a magical field that can temporarily suspend time.
- Magic Transfer: Maou transferred magic to Ashiya in order to help him recover from his injuries. It is unknown if this ability is only limited to demons, or if he can transfer magic to other creatures as well.
- Pain Stare: During his fight against Lucifer and Olba, Maou made Olba lose consciousness by simply looking at him. It also seemed to inflict damage, as Olba was heard grunting in pain before losing his consciousness. The details of this magic are still largely unknown.
- Demonic Sword: During his fight with the archangel Sariel, Maou was able to transform an ordinary broom into a great demonic sword using magic, and used it to instantly defeat Sariel in one blow, whilst destroying half the city in the process.
- Restoration: As shown after his battles with both Lucifer and Sariel, he has the power to repair any form of collateral damage, no matter how great, at the expense of a large amount, if not all of, his magic.
- Regeneration: In his demon form, Maou is able to regenerate his damaged body with high speed. When Lucifer used his purple magic projectiles to shoot a number of holes through Maou’s body by shooting him, Maou was able to heal his wounds after he transformed.
- Flight: He is able to fly in his demon form at high speed.
Maou possesses a exquisite intelligence. He was able to piece events together and deduce a logical and correct conclusion with relative ease, such as when he figured out Lucifer ‘s motivations for the mugging incidents around the region to accumulate might without much data. The best exercise of his intelligence is how he was able to about conquer Ente Isla, with the education and cognition he learned and memorized 300 years prior to the fib ( which was a feat unrivaled by any in history ). His intelligence remains the lapp careless of his shape .
- Enhanced Reflexes: He has far superior reflexes than other demons.
- Immense Strength: When transformed, he gains an incredible strength which makes him able to lift falling debris weighting tons and are many times larger than himself.
- Immense Speed: During the battle against Lucifer, Maou was able to move so fast that Lucifer was unable to react, resulting in his utter defeat in just a flash.
- Immense Endurance: Despite his more fragile human body, he was still able to continue running after being blasted by Lucifer’s magic bullets right in his vital body parts until his leg was shot by Olba. In demon form, Satan is able to resist powerful attacks without so much as a scratch, even emerging unharmed from magical attacks and explosions.
- Maou’s human name is a pun on his real identity. “Maou/真奥” sounds like “Mao/魔王” which means “devil” or “demon lord” and “貞夫/Sadao” means “decisive man” but it sounds like the start of words like “sadist” or “sadism”.
- Maou has a tendency to name his vehicles “Dullahan”. Two of his bikes are named Dullahan I and Dullahan II respectively, and his moped is named Dullahan III. Its name came from the Irish myth about a headless rider with a black horse who carries their head under one arm and from a Japanese proverb: to lose your neck, which means to get fired. It’s Maou’s reminder that he should never allow himself to get fired again, which happened when he recently arrived in Japan.
- Satan is primarily understood as an “accuser” or “adversary” in the Hebrew Bible, and is not necessarily the personification of evil that he would become in later Abrahamic texts.
- Though his character personifies Satan, he more likely represents Baphomet due to the goat-like feet and horns when he transforms.
- Satan is merely a name that many other demons also possess, as Maou describes it as being “more common than the rocks” in the Demon Realm.
- His shoe size is 26.5 cm.